Solar Panel Cost Guide in Flower Hill, NY (Jan 2023)
- Flower Hill Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Flower Hill
Installing solar panels on your own can be a dangerous undertaking, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your family.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Flower Hill
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Flower Hill
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Flower Hill is $7,950, your actual cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Flower Hill to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Flower Hill is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Flower Hill, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.