Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Moriches, NY (Feb 2023)
- East Moriches Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Moriches
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
Working with a professional solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in East Moriches
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Moriches
Even though the average cost of a solar system in East Moriches is $8,033, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in East Moriches, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,950 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in East Moriches provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout East Moriches, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's important to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Make sure you understand how the installation process works and the completion timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the total cost, project completion timeline rebates and warranties.
EcoWatch's East Moriches, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.