Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Massapequa, NY (Jan 2023)
- East Massapequa Solar Installation Cost: $7,950
- 25-Year Savings: $14,421
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Massapequa
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installation company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. The payback period of solar panels will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy consumption, but going with a solar installer can help you reach a break-even point sooner. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in East Massapequa
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Massapequa
There are several criteria that can affect your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like East Massapequa, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are available from most installers in East Massapequa, which can reduce, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for East Massapequa homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in East Massapequa, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,993||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,654||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$37,480||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$45,472||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$53,629||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,951||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$70,438||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$79,091||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in East Massapequa, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
EcoWatch's East Massapequa, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.