Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Fishkill, NY (Jan 2023)
- East Fishkill Solar Installation Cost: $8,983
- 25-Year Savings: $10,318
- Payback Period: 11.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Fishkill
When going solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar installation company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a time-consuming project. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for your home.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in East Fishkill
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Fishkill
For many East Fishkill homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in East Fishkill, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar panel system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,950. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many East Fishkill homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for East Fishkill homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to green energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in East Fishkill, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in East Fishkill have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$13,728||12.1 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$18,634||11.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$23,706||11.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$28,943||11.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$34,345||11.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$39,912||10.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$45,644||10.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$51,542||10.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in East Fishkill, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
EcoWatch's East Fishkill, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.