Solar Panel Cost Guide in Deer Park, NY (Feb 2023)
- Deer Park Solar Installation Cost: $8,033
- 25-Year Savings: $14,338
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Deer Park
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Deer Park:
See all of the solar companies in Deer Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Deer Park
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Deer Park: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,950. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Deer Park average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Deer Park to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Deer Park, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$21,650||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$29,197||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$36,909||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$44,786||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$52,829||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$61,037||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$69,410||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$77,948||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a good company.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Deer Park, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.