Solar Panel Cost Guide in Clifton Park, NY (Jan 2023)
- Clifton Park Solar Installation Cost: $9,251
- 25-Year Savings: $6,252
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Clifton Park
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a time-consuming project, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Clifton Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Clifton Park
For many Clifton Park homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Clifton Park, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,950. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Clifton Park, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid route because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar system can impact how much you pay. Clifton Park's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Clifton Park have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$7,859||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$10,809||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$13,925||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$17,205||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$20,651||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$24,262||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$28,038||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$31,980||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Clifton Park, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.