Solar Panel Cost Guide in Clarkson, NY (Feb 2023)
- Clarkson Solar Installation Cost: $8,611
- 25-Year Savings: $7,956
- Payback Period: 13.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Clarkson
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it involves extra labor and knowledge. That's why most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Local solar installers can also help you optimize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives you can take advantage of and by providing warranties and repairs.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Clarkson, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Clarkson
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Clarkson
Although the average cost of a solar system in Clarkson is $8,611, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,950 per kilowatt in Clarkson. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Clarkson homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Clarkson, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$10,955||13.5 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$14,937||13.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$19,084||13.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$23,397||12.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$27,874||12.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$32,517||12.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$37,325||12.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$42,298||11.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the endurance of your solar panel system, ensuring your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Clarkson, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.