Solar Panel Cost Guide in Chittenango, NY (Feb 2023)
- Chittenango Solar Installation Cost: $9,540
- 25-Year Savings: $6,667
- Payback Period: 14.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Chittenango
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installation company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a challenging project. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Chittenango, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Chittenango
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Chittenango
For many Chittenango homeowners, the decision to go solar depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Chittenango, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,950 per kilowatt in Chittenango. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Chittenango, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid route because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining major cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Chittenango, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Chittenango have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$8,178||15.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$11,235||15.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$14,457||14.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$17,843||14.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$21,396||14.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$25,113||13.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$28,995||13.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$33,043||13.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Chittenango, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the endurance of your solar energy system, making sure your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Chittenango, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.