Solar Panel Cost Guide in Chili, NY (Jan 2023)
- Chili Solar Installation Cost: $8,611
- 25-Year Savings: $8,270
- Payback Period: 12.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Chili
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a lot of work. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Chili:
See all of the solar companies in Chili
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Chili
For many Chili homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Chili, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,950 per kilowatt in Chili. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Chili, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Chili offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can influence how much you pay. Chili's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$11,408||13.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$15,541||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$19,839||12.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$24,302||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$28,931||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$33,725||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$38,684||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$43,808||11.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will influence not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should take into account, including:
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Chili, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.