Solar Panel Cost Guide in Brutus, NY (Jan 2023)
- Brutus Solar Installation Cost: $9,561
- 25-Year Savings: $6,515
- Payback Period: 14.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Brutus
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Using a solar panel installer can make converting to solar power much easier. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, using a solar company can help with that too. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on how to install solar panels and sometimes even information on local incentives.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Brutus
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Brutus
For many Brutus homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Brutus, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Plus, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Brutus to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Brutus, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$7,943||15.5 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$10,921||15.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$14,064||14.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$17,372||14.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$20,846||14.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$24,485||14.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$28,289||13.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$32,258||13.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Reputation: Solar installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years most likely provide high-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
EcoWatch's Brutus, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.