Solar Panel Cost Guide in Alden, NY (Feb 2023)
- Alden Solar Installation Cost: $9,458
- 25-Year Savings: $5,905
- Payback Period: 15.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Alden
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra energy and handiness. For that reason, most homeowners choose a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Alden
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Alden
Although the average cost of a solar system in Alden is $9,458, your actual cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,950. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Alden have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Alden, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.07||$12,886||$7,250||16.0 years|
|8 kW||$3.01||$16,850||$9,998||15.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.95||$20,650||$12,910||15.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.89||$24,284||$15,988||15.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.83||$27,754||$19,231||14.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.77||$31,058||$22,639||14.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.71||$34,196||$26,212||14.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.66||$37,170||$29,950||13.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and types of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Alden, NY Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.