Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sparks, NV (Feb 2023)
- Sparks Solar Installation Cost: $11,043
- 25-Year Savings: $18,951
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sparks
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it requires extra energy and knowledge. That's one of the reasons most people choose to hire a solar panel installer. Solar warranties and repairs are usually included in the cost of installation when you hire a solar contractor as well, which can save you more money after your upfront investment.
Working with a vetted solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Sparks
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sparks
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Sparks is $11,043, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable route because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Sparks homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of green energy solutions in Sparks, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.62||$11,007||$17,753||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.57||$14,394||$23,953||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.52||$17,640||$30,294||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.47||$20,745||$36,776||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.42||$23,708||$43,399||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.37||$26,531||$50,163||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.32||$29,212||$57,069||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.27||$31,752||$64,115||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over around 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Sparks, NV Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.