Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lemmon Valley, NV (Feb 2023)
- Lemmon Valley Solar Installation Cost: $11,043
- 25-Year Savings: $18,951
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lemmon Valley
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra energy and expertise. That's why almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers provide can be invaluable as well, especially if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Lemmon Valley:
See all of the solar companies in Lemmon Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lemmon Valley
For many Lemmon Valley homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Lemmon Valley, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,520. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Lemmon Valley average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Lemmon Valley, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Lemmon Valley is the company you choose to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in Lemmon Valley have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.62||$11,007||$17,753||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.57||$14,394||$23,953||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.52||$17,640||$30,294||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.47||$20,745||$36,776||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.42||$23,708||$43,399||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.37||$26,531||$50,163||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.32||$29,212||$57,069||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.27||$31,752||$64,115||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you opt for.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Lemmon Valley, NV Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.