Solar Panel Cost Guide in El Cerro Mission, NM (Feb 2023)
- El Cerro Mission Solar Installation Cost: $10,431
- 25-Year Savings: $28,534
- Payback Period: 6.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in El Cerro Mission
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it involves extra time and expertise. Because of that, almost all homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your family.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in El Cerro Mission
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in El Cerro Mission
For many El Cerro Mission homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in El Cerro Mission, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in El Cerro Mission, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar system can impact the cost. El Cerro Mission's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$30,374||7.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$40,798||6.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$51,373||6.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$62,098||6.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$72,973||6.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$83,998||6.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$95,173||6.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$106,498||6.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's El Cerro Mission, NM Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.