Solar Panel Cost Guide in Anthony, NM (Feb 2023)
- Anthony Solar Installation Cost: $10,112
- 25-Year Savings: $28,753
- Payback Period: 6.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Anthony
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Anthony
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Anthony
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Anthony: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,680. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In general, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Anthony offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$31,591||6.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$42,422||6.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$53,403||6.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$64,533||6.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$75,814||6.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$87,245||6.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$98,826||6.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$110,557||5.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Anthony, NM Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.