Solar Panel Cost Guide in Alamogordo, NM (Feb 2023)
- Alamogordo Solar Installation Cost: $10,224
- 25-Year Savings: $32,257
- Payback Period: 6.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Alamogordo
Trying to install solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Alamogordo, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Alamogordo
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Alamogordo
The cost of installing a solar system in Alamogordo can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,680. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Alamogordo, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Alamogordo have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Alamogordo is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$35,038||6.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$47,018||6.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$59,148||6.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$71,427||5.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$83,857||5.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$96,437||5.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$109,167||5.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$122,047||5.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Contract: Read the contract terms closely to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project timeline rebates and warranties.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Alamogordo, NM Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.