Solar Panel Cost Guide in White Meadow Lake, NJ (Jan 2023)
- White Meadow Lake Solar Installation Cost: $9,268
- 25-Year Savings: $7,740
- Payback Period: 13.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in White Meadow Lake
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners choose to go with a solar company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a time-consuming project. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you better understand incentives in White Meadow Lake, optimizing your ROI.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in White Meadow Lake
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in White Meadow Lake
Though the average cost of a solar system in White Meadow Lake is $9,268, your final cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in White Meadow Lake, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in White Meadow Lake, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar panel system can impact the cost. White Meadow Lake's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$9,256||14.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$12,652||13.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$16,202||13.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$19,908||13.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$23,769||13.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$27,785||12.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$31,957||12.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$36,283||12.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should take into account, such as:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's White Meadow Lake, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.