Solar Panel Cost Guide in White, NJ (Feb 2023)
- White Solar Installation Cost: $9,307
- 25-Year Savings: $7,257
- Payback Period: 14.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in White
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra energy and knowledge. That's one of the reasons almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar companies offer can be invaluable as well, particularly if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in White
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in White
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in White: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in White, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in White, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in White is the company you hire to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$8,615||14.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$11,797||14.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$15,134||14.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$18,626||13.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$22,273||13.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$26,075||13.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$30,033||12.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$34,145||12.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies to choose from in White, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Warranty: If you care about the durability of your solar panel system, making sure your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
EcoWatch's White, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.