Solar Panel Cost Guide in West New York, NJ (Feb 2023)
- West New York Solar Installation Cost: $8,919
- 25-Year Savings: $8,931
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in West New York
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Solar warranties and repairs are ordinarily included in the cost of installation when you opt for a solar company too, which can save you more money over time.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in West New York
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in West New York
Even though the average cost of a solar system in West New York is $8,919, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,770. The model of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are a popular choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for West New York homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in West New York, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$11,176||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$15,212||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,402||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$23,748||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$28,249||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$32,905||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$37,716||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$42,683||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in West New York, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you choose.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's West New York, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.