Solar Panel Cost Guide in Tinton Falls, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Tinton Falls Solar Installation Cost: $8,764
- 25-Year Savings: $7,419
- Payback Period: 13.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Tinton Falls
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're looking for a solar company in Tinton Falls, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Tinton Falls
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Tinton Falls
While the average cost of a solar system in Tinton Falls is $8,764, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Tinton Falls have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Tinton Falls, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$9,382||14.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$12,819||13.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$16,412||13.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$20,160||13.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$24,062||13.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$28,120||12.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$32,333||12.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$36,702||12.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for years to come and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Tinton Falls, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.