Solar Panel Cost Guide in South Plainfield, NJ (Jan 2023)
- South Plainfield Solar Installation Cost: $9,075
- 25-Year Savings: $8,776
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in South Plainfield
When going solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar company since putting up a solar system yourself can be a challenging project. The expertise that solar companies offer can be helpful as well, especially if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in South Plainfield
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in South Plainfield
While the average cost of a solar system in South Plainfield is $9,075, your actual cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are available from most installers in South Plainfield, which can reduce, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Even though solar loans make going solar more accessible for South Plainfield homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in South Plainfield, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$10,786||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$14,691||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$18,752||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$22,968||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$27,338||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$31,864||11.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$36,546||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$41,382||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's South Plainfield, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.