Solar Panel Cost Guide in Port Reading, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Port Reading Solar Installation Cost: $9,075
- 25-Year Savings: $8,776
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Port Reading
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installer since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Port Reading
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Port Reading
There are several criteria that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,770. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a solid route because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$10,786||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$14,691||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$18,752||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$22,968||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$27,338||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$31,864||11.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$36,546||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$41,382||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different kinds of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Port Reading, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.