Solar Panel Cost Guide in Perth Amboy, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Perth Amboy Solar Installation Cost: $9,075
- 25-Year Savings: $8,776
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Perth Amboy
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for your family.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Perth Amboy
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Perth Amboy
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Perth Amboy is $9,075, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,770 per kilowatt in Perth Amboy. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Perth Amboy to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in higher prices over time due to interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Perth Amboy, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$10,786||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$14,691||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$18,752||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$22,968||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$27,338||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$31,864||11.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$36,546||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$41,382||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Perth Amboy, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.