Solar Panel Cost Guide in Paulsboro, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Paulsboro Solar Installation Cost: $9,016
- 25-Year Savings: $11,289
- Payback Period: 11.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Paulsboro
When going solar, many homeowners decide to go with a solar company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a difficult project. The payback period on a solar system will vary based on factors like your roof configuration and energy consumption, but working with a solar installer can shorten that period. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Paulsboro
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Paulsboro
For many Paulsboro homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Paulsboro, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,770 per kilowatt in Paulsboro. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Paulsboro homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to solar energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Paulsboro, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$14,113||11.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$19,128||11.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$24,298||11.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$29,623||10.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$35,103||10.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$40,738||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$46,528||10.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$52,474||10.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you hire.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a good company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Paulsboro, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.