Solar Panel Cost Guide in Magnolia, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Magnolia Solar Installation Cost: $9,036
- 25-Year Savings: $8,815
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Magnolia
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installer since installing a solar system yourself can be a time-consuming project. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
If you're looking for a solar company in Magnolia, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Magnolia
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Magnolia
The cost of installing a solar system in Magnolia can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar system in Magnolia, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Magnolia average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Magnolia offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Magnolia, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Magnolia have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$10,892||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$14,833||12.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$18,929||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$23,181||12.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$27,587||12.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$32,148||11.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$36,865||11.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$41,737||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running for years to come and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
EcoWatch's Magnolia, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.