Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kinnelon, NJ (Jan 2023)
- Kinnelon Solar Installation Cost: $9,268
- 25-Year Savings: $8,148
- Payback Period: 13.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kinnelon
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. The expertise that solar companies provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a licensed solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Kinnelon
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kinnelon
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Kinnelon: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,770 per kilowatt in Kinnelon. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Kinnelon homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to solar energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Kinnelon, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$9,768||13.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$13,335||13.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$17,056||13.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$20,933||13.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$24,964||12.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$29,151||12.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$33,493||12.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$37,990||12.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will affect not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
EcoWatch's Kinnelon, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.