Solar Panel Cost Guide in Heathcote, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Heathcote Solar Installation Cost: $9,075
- 25-Year Savings: $8,776
- Payback Period: 12.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Heathcote
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to hire a solar installer since putting up solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Heathcote
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Heathcote
For many Heathcote homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Heathcote, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Heathcote, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Heathcote offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Heathcote homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Heathcote is the company you hire to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$10,786||13.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$14,691||13.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$18,752||12.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$22,968||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$27,338||12.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$31,864||11.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$36,546||11.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$41,382||11.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you'd like plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies have different panels.
EcoWatch's Heathcote, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.