Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hackettstown, NJ (Feb 2023)
- Hackettstown Solar Installation Cost: $9,307
- 25-Year Savings: $6,877
- Payback Period: 14.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hackettstown
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to install solar panels on your own can be time-consuming. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar energy, opting for a solar company can help with that too. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives.
Working with a professional solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Hackettstown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hackettstown
The cost of installing a solar system in Hackettstown can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Hackettstown, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Hackettstown, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Hackettstown to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time due to interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Hackettstown have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$8,140||14.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$11,163||14.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$14,342||14.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$17,675||14.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$21,164||13.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$24,808||13.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$28,607||13.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$32,561||12.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably influences your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Hackettstown, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.