Solar Panel Cost Guide in Guttenberg, NJ (Jan 2023)
- Guttenberg Solar Installation Cost: $8,919
- 25-Year Savings: $8,931
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Guttenberg
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Using a solar company can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Guttenberg:
See all of the solar companies in Guttenberg
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Guttenberg
For many Guttenberg homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Guttenberg, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Guttenberg, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Guttenberg, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Guttenberg homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you select will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$11,176||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$15,212||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,402||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$23,748||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$28,249||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$32,905||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$37,716||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$42,683||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's Guttenberg, NJ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.