Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hooksett, NH (Jan 2023)
- Hooksett Solar Installation Cost: $10,144
- 25-Year Savings: $14,000
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hooksett
When going solar, many homeowners decide to use a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Hooksett
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hooksett
The cost of installing a solar system in Hooksett can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Hooksett, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,910 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Hooksett average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Hooksett offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Hooksett homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.03||$12,711||$16,381||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.97||$16,622||$22,167||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.91||$20,370||$28,116||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.85||$23,955||$34,228||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.79||$27,377||$40,503||10.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.74||$30,636||$46,941||9.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.68||$33,733||$53,542||9.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.62||$36,666||$60,306||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: Each company may offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Hooksett, NH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.