Solar Panel Cost Guide in Concord, NH (Jan 2023)
- Concord Solar Installation Cost: $10,144
- 25-Year Savings: $14,549
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Concord
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installer since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be hard. Local solar installers can also help you optimize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives and by providing warranties and repairs.
Working with a vetted solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Concord
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Concord
The cost of installing a solar system in Concord can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,910 per kilowatt in Concord. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Concord average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid route because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Concord homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Concord, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.03||$12,711||$17,042||10.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.97||$16,622||$23,048||10.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.91||$20,370||$29,218||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.85||$23,955||$35,550||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.79||$27,377||$42,045||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.74||$30,636||$48,704||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.68||$33,733||$55,525||9.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.62||$36,666||$62,509||9.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panels running smoothly and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have various brands and types of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Concord, NH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.