Solar Panel Cost Guide in Candia, NH (Jan 2023)
- Candia Solar Installation Cost: $9,818
- 25-Year Savings: $16,982
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Candia
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Candia
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Candia
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Candia: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar energy system in Candia, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,910 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Candia provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Candia is the company you get to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in Candia are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.03||$12,711||$20,655||9.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.97||$16,622||$27,866||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.91||$20,370||$35,240||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.85||$23,955||$42,776||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.79||$27,377||$50,476||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.74||$30,636||$58,339||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.68||$33,733||$66,365||8.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.62||$36,666||$74,553||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Candia, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Candia, NH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.