Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bedford, NH (Jan 2023)
- Bedford Solar Installation Cost: $10,083
- 25-Year Savings: $14,917
- Payback Period: 10.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bedford
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to use a solar installer since handling can be a difficult project. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Bedford
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bedford
For many Bedford homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Bedford, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,910 per kilowatt in Bedford. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Bedford, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Bedford provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Bedford, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.03||$12,711||$17,583||10.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.97||$16,622||$23,770||10.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.91||$20,370||$30,120||10.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.85||$23,955||$36,632||9.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.79||$27,377||$43,308||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.74||$30,636||$50,147||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.68||$33,733||$57,148||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.62||$36,666||$64,313||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Bedford, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you want plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Bedford, NH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.