Solar Panel Cost Guide in Amherst, NH (Feb 2023)
- Amherst Solar Installation Cost: $10,083
- 25-Year Savings: $14,917
- Payback Period: 10.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Amherst
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Using a solar panel installer can make converting to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Amherst
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Amherst
Though the average cost of a solar system in Amherst is $10,083, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Amherst provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Amherst is the company you choose to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.03||$12,711||$17,583||10.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.97||$16,622||$23,770||10.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.91||$20,370||$30,120||10.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.85||$23,955||$36,632||9.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.79||$27,377||$43,308||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.74||$30,636||$50,147||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.68||$33,733||$57,148||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.62||$36,666||$64,313||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's crucial to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Amherst, NH Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.