Solar Panel Cost Guide in York, NE (Feb 2023)
- York Solar Installation Cost: $18,423
- 25-Year Savings: $17,550
- Payback Period: 12.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in York
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a stressful task, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you're not certain what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar system company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in York
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in York
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in York: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,830. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like York, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in York, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.94||$12,361||$10,846||13.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.89||$16,165||$14,779||13.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.83||$19,810||$18,870||12.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.77||$23,297||$23,119||12.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.72||$26,625||$27,527||12.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.66||$29,794||$32,093||12.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.60||$32,805||$36,818||11.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.55||$35,658||$41,701||11.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's York, NE Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.