Solar Panel Cost Guide in Gretna, NE (Feb 2023)
- Gretna Solar Installation Cost: $18,820
- 25-Year Savings: $20,669
- Payback Period: 11.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Gretna
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with a solar company can make your swap to solar power much easier. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for you.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Gretna
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Gretna
There are many factors that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,830. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Gretna average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Gretna to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Gretna, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.94||$12,361||$12,582||12.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.89||$16,165||$17,093||12.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.83||$19,810||$21,763||11.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.77||$23,297||$26,591||11.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.72||$26,625||$31,577||11.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.66||$29,794||$36,722||11.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.60||$32,805||$42,026||11.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.55||$35,658||$47,488||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose considerably impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's important to keep an open line of communication with your solar installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Gretna, NE Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.