Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wesley Chapel, NC (Feb 2023)
- Wesley Chapel Solar Installation Cost: $12,055
- 25-Year Savings: $20,587
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wesley Chapel
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Wesley Chapel
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wesley Chapel
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Wesley Chapel is $12,055, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Wesley Chapel average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are a solid choice because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Wesley Chapel are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$17,793||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$24,009||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$30,367||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$36,867||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$43,509||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$50,293||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$57,220||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$64,289||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: Warranties that cover panel repairs and maintenance over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Wesley Chapel, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.