Solar Panel Cost Guide in St James, NC (Feb 2023)
- St James Solar Installation Cost: $11,379
- 25-Year Savings: $22,010
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in St James
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra labor and know-how. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for your home.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in St James
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in St James
For many St James homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in St James, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,540. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like St James, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many St James homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for St James homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in St James know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$20,225||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$27,251||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$34,419||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$41,729||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$49,182||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$56,777||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$64,514||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$72,394||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose considerably influences your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you'd like plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies provide different panels.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's St James, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.