Solar Panel Cost Guide in Roxboro, NC (Jan 2023)
- Roxboro Solar Installation Cost: $12,482
- 25-Year Savings: $21,608
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Roxboro
Installing solar panels on your own can be a dangerous project, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Another upside of using a solar installer is that they can help you make the most of your investment by cutting back on future costs of repairs and replacements due to warranties and helping you learn about local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a licensed solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Roxboro
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Roxboro
There are many factors that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,540. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Roxboro provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Roxboro homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Roxboro, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$18,023||9.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$24,316||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$30,750||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$37,327||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$44,046||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$50,907||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$57,911||8.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$65,057||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the longevity of your solar panels, making sure your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Roxboro, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.