Solar Panel Cost Guide in River Road, NC (Feb 2023)
- River Road Solar Installation Cost: $12,215
- 25-Year Savings: $22,938
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in River Road
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be hard. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're looking for a solar company in River Road, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in River Road
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in River Road
Even though the average cost of a solar system in River Road is $12,215, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many River Road homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in River Road, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$19,587||9.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$26,401||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$33,357||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$40,455||8.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$47,695||8.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$55,078||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$62,603||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$70,270||7.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will affect not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and types of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's River Road, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.