Solar Panel Cost Guide in Ranlo, NC (Jan 2023)
- Ranlo Solar Installation Cost: $12,108
- 25-Year Savings: $20,951
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Ranlo
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Going with a solar company can make your swap to solar power much easier. Local solar installation companies can also help you optimize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives you can take advantage of and by providing warranties and repairs.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Ranlo
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Ranlo
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that determine your overall cost in Ranlo: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,540. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Ranlo to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of renewable energy solutions in Ranlo, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$18,025||9.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$24,318||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$30,753||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$37,330||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$44,050||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$50,912||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$57,916||8.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$65,062||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will have different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Ranlo, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.