Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lewisville, NC (Feb 2023)
- Lewisville Solar Installation Cost: $12,393
- 25-Year Savings: $21,669
- Payback Period: 9.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lewisville
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it takes extra energy and handiness. That's why the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Lewisville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lewisville
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Lewisville: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,540. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Lewisville, which can lower, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Lewisville, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$18,206||9.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$24,560||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$31,055||9.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$37,693||8.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$44,473||8.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$51,395||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$58,460||8.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$65,666||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, such as:
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a quality company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Lewisville, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.