Solar Panel Cost Guide in Laurinburg, NC (Jan 2023)
- Laurinburg Solar Installation Cost: $12,144
- 25-Year Savings: $21,600
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Laurinburg
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra time and handiness. That's one of the reasons most people choose to hire a solar panel installer. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Laurinburg
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Laurinburg
While the average cost of a solar system in Laurinburg is $12,144, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar energy system in Laurinburg, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,540 for each additional kilowatt you need. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Laurinburg average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Laurinburg homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of clean energy solutions in Laurinburg, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$18,560||9.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$25,032||9.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$31,645||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$38,401||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$45,299||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$52,339||8.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$59,522||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$66,847||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Laurinburg, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar, it's important to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Laurinburg, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.