Solar Panel Cost Guide in King, NC (Jan 2023)
- King Solar Installation Cost: $12,428
- 25-Year Savings: $21,634
- Payback Period: 9.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in King
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in King:
See all of the solar companies in King
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in King
Although the average cost of a solar system in King is $12,428, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,540 per kilowatt in King. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the King average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in King, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$18,148||9.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$24,482||9.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$30,958||9.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$37,576||8.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$44,337||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$51,240||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$58,285||8.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$65,472||8.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you hire.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's King, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.