Solar Panel Cost Guide in Jamestown, NC (Feb 2023)
- Jamestown Solar Installation Cost: $12,393
- 25-Year Savings: $20,175
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Jamestown
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installation company since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be challenging. The expertise that solar companies provide can be useful as well, especially if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
Working with a licensed solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Jamestown
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Jamestown
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Jamestown: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,540. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your power bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Jamestown average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Jamestown homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Jamestown is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$16,936||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$22,866||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$28,938||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$35,152||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$41,508||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$48,007||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$54,648||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$61,431||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you hire.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Jamestown, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.