Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fayetteville, NC (Jan 2023)
- Fayetteville Solar Installation Cost: $12,268
- 25-Year Savings: $20,311
- Payback Period: 9.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fayetteville
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a challenging project, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Local solar companies can also help you maximize your return on investment by assisting with any local incentives and by offering warranties and repairs.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Fayetteville, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Fayetteville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fayetteville
There are many criteria that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,540. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Fayetteville, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Fayetteville provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Fayetteville, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$17,237||9.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$23,267||9.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$29,440||9.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$35,755||9.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$42,212||9.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$48,811||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$55,552||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$62,436||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you opt for.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running for a long time and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
EcoWatch's Fayetteville, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.