Solar Panel Cost Guide in Clemmons, NC (Jan 2023)
- Clemmons Solar Installation Cost: $12,393
- 25-Year Savings: $20,325
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Clemmons
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Using an installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies offer can be helpful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a licensed solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Clemmons
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Clemmons
There are a number of criteria that can determine your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Clemmons, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,540 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Clemmons homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Clemmons is the company you choose to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$17,050||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$23,018||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$29,128||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$35,380||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$41,775||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$48,311||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$54,990||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$61,812||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installer you choose greatly affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the overall cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Clemmons, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.