Solar Panel Cost Guide in Boiling Spring Lakes, NC (Feb 2023)
- Boiling Spring Lakes Solar Installation Cost: $11,379
- 25-Year Savings: $22,010
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Boiling Spring Lakes
Installing solar panels yourself can be a challenging task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Another great thing about going with a vetted solar installer is that it'll likely provide warranties and free repairs, which help protect your solar investment.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Boiling Spring Lakes:
See all of the solar companies in Boiling Spring Lakes
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Boiling Spring Lakes
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Boiling Spring Lakes: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,540 per kilowatt in Boiling Spring Lakes. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Boiling Spring Lakes to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Boiling Spring Lakes, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Boiling Spring Lakes have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$20,225||8.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$27,251||8.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$34,419||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$41,729||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$49,182||8.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$56,777||8.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$64,514||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$72,394||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a significant role in the company you choose.
EcoWatch's Boiling Spring Lakes, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.