Solar Panel Cost Guide in Archdale, NC (Feb 2023)
- Archdale Solar Installation Cost: $12,339
- 25-Year Savings: $19,822
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Archdale
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it involves extra effort and know-how. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Another upside of working with a solar installer is that they can help you make the most of your investment by bringing down your future costs of repairs and replacements due to warranties and informing you of local incentives you can take advantage of.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Archdale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Archdale
There are several criteria that can determine your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,540 per kilowatt in Archdale. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Archdale average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Archdale provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar panels can influence the cost. Archdale's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$16,705||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$22,558||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$28,553||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$34,691||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$40,970||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$47,392||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$53,956||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$60,663||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Archdale, NC Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.