Solar Panel Cost Guide in Petal, MS (Feb 2023)
- Petal Solar Installation Cost: $15,246
- 25-Year Savings: $30,706
- Payback Period: 8.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Petal
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring a solar panel installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar installers offer can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Petal:
See all of the solar companies in Petal
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Petal
The cost of installing a solar system in Petal can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Petal, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,640 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Petal average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Petal homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panel system can affect your pricing. Petal's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.75||$11,532||$21,905||8.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.69||$15,080||$29,502||8.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.64||$18,480||$37,247||8.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.59||$21,732||$45,140||8.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.53||$24,837||$53,180||8.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.48||$27,794||$61,369||7.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.43||$30,603||$69,705||7.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.38||$33,264||$78,190||7.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will influence not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, such as:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which installer you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Petal, MS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.